Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
NCTS' EAP services are provided through on and off-site clinical interventions, in English and Inuktitut or other Aboriginal languages as required. Clinical services, listed below, focus on providing Short–Term Solution Focused Therapy to meet the collaboratively defined treatment, case management, crisis response, and outreach support goals.
Northern organizations are particularly vulnerable to decreased employee productivity, attrition or absenteeism. Causal factors may include inexperience in a traditional workplace, residential school affects, drug or alcohol addiction, relationship and family conflicts, or other psychological issues prevalent in rural and northern communities. In addition to causing distress for employees colleagues and families, these factors can impact employee performance and productivity.
Organizations based in northern, rural and isolated areas are required to create human resource policies that mediate conflicts among employees, minimize behavioral risks, and mitigate hostile work environments. Management of these issues can be stressful and time consuming. NCTS provides the support and expertise required to effectively resolve these issues.
NCTS' Employee Assistance Program works with management, employees and families to ensure that the workforces of northern isolated and rurally-based organizations are psychologically safe, stable, and productive. This is achieved by providing training to management, and supporting employees and their families through the unique challenges of working in isolated and stressful environments.
NCTS offers the following EFAP Services:
- Psychological assessment (i.e. addictions/suicide risk/depression)
- Counselling (individual/group/couple/family)
- A tiered EFAP Services Package (short, medium, long-term) is available
- Psychological First Aid Training to paramedics/first responders
- Holistic Wellness Program: work/Life coaching sessions available for both individuals and families. These programs are lead by qualified holistic health practitioners as well as certified counsellors/psychologists
- Crisis Response and Critical Incident Stress Management Services: On and off-site interventions are offered to address critical incidents and implement safety/stabilization plans. NCTS also assists with debriefing employees (worksite accidents or deaths), or the loss of employees through an illness (Critical Incident Stress Management services)
- Conflict Resolution: NCTS provides mediation and conflict resolution services (management-workers, worker-worker)
- Work Performance: consultation assistance with supervisors to best review and enhance the performance of employees
- Employee Training Sessions: Onsite and/or virtual workshops offered to assist employees gain necessary skills for work-life balance
- Adjust to new employment and surmount isolation issues (physical and emotional)
NCTS provides Organizational Psychology services to leadership, staff and individuals through workshops, executive coaching and information sessions. These services address:
- Psychological Safety in the workplace
- Improved morale in the workplace
- Conflict reduction and resolution
- Improved employee attendance
- Increased employee motivation
- Reduced employee turnover
- Increased workforce efficiency and greater productivity